Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 19

We are waiting to move to a private room today and out of ICU - YAHOO a day early!

The doctors and nurses, many who have not seen Donny in a week or longer, continue to stop by to see our "Miracle Man", they can't believe how well he is doing. Lots of joy and excitement today.

Donny walked to the restroom, fed himself and is complaining, so he's pretty much on the road to recovery. No funny or interesting stories yesterday, so the sedatives are just about to wear off.

We should start physical therapy today or tomorrow. I do not yet know how long we will remain in the hospital, but from Friday to today, he has made tremendous progress.

I'm still a little in shock, and have to pinch myself to realize all this really happen, but I never wavered that he would pull through. With all the prayers and support, my belief was reinforced.

Thank you all again for everything. I can't say it enough.

I am well and Jason and Jennifer and doing great.

Please keep our friend Bill and his family in your prayers along with Donny's speedy recovery. Won't be long until I get him home.

Love to all, Darla

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Glad to see things are moving a long at a faster pace than planned.

Donny is the man. (: