Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another GREAT Day

Donny walked down the hall today and is waiting for his first shower! Funny how the little things we take for granted have become so important.

The doctors expect him to go home by the weekend if his strength continues to improve. Everyone is still in awe, including me.

I will keep everyone posted, but as of now Donny is just being monitored and weened off his medications. The Physical Therapist states Donny is "strong" but still has a lot of work to do and is limited to "walking" for a period of time.

I am learning about food, diet and exercise and excited to get him home and start our new life. I am confident the second time around will be just as good as the first round. I thank God everyday for giving us a second chance.

Best wishes and please keep Donny and our friend Bill in your prayers just a while longer. :)

Love to all, Darla

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Maybe it is time to start a blog about healthy eating. (:

Glad to hear that Donny is doing so well and I will continue to pray for all of us.

Thanks so much for keeping us posted.